PULLMAN, Wash. - The Election Board of the Associated Students of Washington State Univesrity (ASWSU) announced that Savannah Rogers and Tyler Parchem were elected to serve as the ASWSU President and Vice President, respectively, for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Rogers and Parchem beat out candidates Harald Hyllseth and Devon Holze in what was a two day student voting period starting the morning of Tuesday, March 6, and ending the afternoon of Wednesday, March 7.
Rogers, a native of Maple Valley, Wash., is studying strategic communication and political science pre-law within the Honors College. She has served as an All-Campus Senator for the ASWSU Senate, ASWSU External Committee Chair, and was the president of her residence hall.
Parchem, who hails from Olympia, Wash., is studying political science with a pre-law track. He has also served as an All-Campus Senator within ASWSU and also has experience as Chair of the Senate Finance Committee and Chair of the ASWSU Budget Council.
- New Seattle-Vancouver flight service to begin
- Semi loses load on I-90, causing massive backup
- The Spokane River is fun...and dangerous
- Growing GU campus helps improve city, school says
- Gonzaga law students will travel to the Hague
- Public memorial service scheduled to honor longtime Davenport Hotel doorman John Reed