YAKIMA, Wash. - A 15-year-old girl has died after she was shot in broad daylight while riding in a car with her aunt on Sunday Mar. 17.
Lillyona Rose Beaty, 15, her aunt, 31-year-old Danielle Rose, were both shot while driving on West Pierce Street near South 6th Avenue that afternoon.
Yakima police said Danielle ended up crashing about two blocks away on South 8th Avenue.
Lillyona passed away Thursday night at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, where she had been in critical condition for nearly two weeks.
Police have arrested 17-year-old Benicio Xavier Lopez on connection wih the shooting. Prosecutors say he is being charged with first-degree murder, second-degree attempted murder and unlawful possession of a firearm.
His arraignment is scheduled for April 8.
- Mayoral candidates make their final appeals as election night looms
- Your guide to a very Spook-ane Halloween
- Two arrested after stolen car crashes into Lewiston home
- SCRAPS is looking for help with food donations
- Cat found badly injured in a Spokane neighborhood alleyway
- Local "baby shower" celebrates Washington State's new paid leave program