On Wednesday, Alex Trebek announced some very sad news: he has stage 4 pancreatic cancer.
In a video released on Jeopardy!'s YouTube page, Trebek says that he wanted to prevent "overblown and/or innaccurate reports regarding his health, therefore I wanted to be the one to pass along this information."
Trebek goes on to say that even though the survival rate for this particular disease is quite low, he is going to fight it and beat it.
He even goes on to lighten the mood by jokingly saying he "has to beat it, because under the terms of his contract, he has to host Jeopardy! for three more years."
You can watch the full video below:
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Local firefighters experiencing volunteer shortage
- New Zealand Track and Field Olympian, Anne Audain, builds legacy at Spokane's Bloomsday
- South Hill Library to host climate change series through October
- UW medical students recruit bone marrow donors for Be the Match
- City tests new technique to repair Spokane's streets
- Washington pup racks up 8M views on Instagram