Athol, Idaho - Summer is around the corner and warm weather is here. That means one thing: Boulder Beach is now open!
With the school year ending, Silverwood Theme Park has opened its slides and rides inside the water park.
KXLY's Caroline Flynn "tested" the slides and got the inside information about how to avoid the lines.
If you are looking to do the same, the folks at Silverwood recommend planning a visit sooner rather than later. June is the quietest month for the park..
“Main Street opens at 10am. We definitely suggest heading right over here to Boulder Beach which opens at 11am to get in line for your favorite ride so you don't have to wait!" said Silverwood's Kailey Lieuallen
The theme park publishes a blog with tips and tricks for planning the best day possible. You can read more of their suggestions by clicking here.
On Father's Day Sunday, dads get in free with the purchase of a child's ticket. For more information on tickets for the season, click here.
Silverwood will be open on the 4th of July, but there will not be fireworks.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Attorney General Bob Ferguson to run for re-election
- Jay Inslee announces he will run for a third term as governor
- Washington Gov. Jay Inslee to announce run for 3rd term
- SPD: Man steals U-Haul, leads officers on chase, then hides in rafters of N. Spokane garage
- Montana boy found safe, AMBER Alert canceled
- Spokane grandmother attacked by dogs in her own backyard