N. Spokane house fire started by improperly discarded smoking materials
SPOKANE, Wash. – No one was injured in an early morning house fire in North Spokane.
The Spokane Fire Department responded to the home on Walnut St and Everett after a caller reported seeing an adult and child evacuating.
People inside were first alerted when a front window broke from an exterior fire. A smoke detector was also activated when the smoke began to enter the home through the broken windows.
Firefighters said the fire started outside but quickly moved into the eves and attic spaces. They were able to contain it within 10 minutes.
The fire was caused by improperly discarded smoking materials on the front porch.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.