Mother Nature delivering serious heat to our work week -Nikki
Here is your local weather forecast for July 27, 2020.
SPOKANE, Wash. — Good morning and happy Monday! We are in for a hot work week. Now is the time to get in the summer-hot mindset. Make sure you’re prepared for the hot afternoons.
Today, it’ll be 96 degrees this afternoon. As you head out the door, check yourself and make sure you have water and sunscreen. Low 70s as you head off on your work day. By the time you sit down for lunch, we’ll be pretty close to 90s in Spokane. Nothing but sunshine and clear skies for your Monday.
A heat advisory is in effect starting today at noon. This weather alert will carry into our Thursday evening. Make smart choices this week! Be mindful of fire prevention. It is going to be dry and hot. We all need to do our part to prevent a fire in our community.
Temperatures today in and around Spokane will be in the mid 90s. If you head south towards Lewiston, 101 degrees. Moses Lake will also be in the triple digits.
- Drink water, stay hydrated
- Wear sunscreen (SPF 30 or above)
- NEVER leave any children or pets in the car for any amount of time
- Check on elderly neighbors
- Be mindful of where you’re walking your pet. Pavement will be very hot, too hot, for your pet’s paws
- Make sure pets have plenty of water
- If you have outdoor pets, consider bringing them inside with the A/C and electric fans to cool down during the afternoon
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.