LIST: Roads begin to reopen following Monday’s wildfire closures
SPOKANE, Wash. — Wildfires that sparked Monday caused widespread road closures across Eastern Washington.
Some highways reopened Tuesday as firefighters gain control flames, but drivers should expect delays and stops throughout the day.
Below is a list of updates, as of Tuesday afternoon at 1 p.m.:
- I-90 is opened after low visibility led to several car crashes
- Highway 395 is open.
- U.S. 2 is closed just east of the Telford Rest Area, and around 10 miles west of Davenport
- State Route 21 from Wilbur to Odessa is open. It has also back open near Highway 395.
- State Route 172 is open.
- State Route 173 is closed at the State Route 17 junction in Bridgeport to just north of the Brewster bridge. There are no detours and no estimated time for reopening.
- State Route 97 remains closed in both directions from Brewster to one mile south of Omak
- State Route 261 is closed from Washtucna to Ritzville due to low visibility.
- State Route 17 is open to traffic in both directions.
- State Route 821 through the Yakima River Canyon is closed.
For the latest possible updates, check the WSDOT website here.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.