LIST: Cooling centers across the Inland Northwest
Cities across the Inland Northwest are opening cooling shelters in anticipation of this week’s heatwave.
Those looking to escape the heat can find relief at the locations below.
- Looff Carrousel multi-purpose rooms: W Spokane falls Blvd. This center will be open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. beginning Saturday.
- Arc of Spokane thrift store parking lot: 808 N Ruby S. This center opens Friday.
- Spokane Public Libraries: Members of the public can use library locations to cool off during operation hours
- Catholic Charities: The following locations will be open starting at 10 a.m:
- Donna Hanson Haven: 24 W. Second Ave, designated for vulnerable and at-risk senior citizen populations (men and women)
- Fr. Bach Haven: 108 S. State St, designated for vulnerable and at-risk men and women over 18
- Jacklin Haven: 164 S. State St, designated for vulnerable and at-risk women (only)
- Beatriz & Ed Schweitzer Haven: 9 E 1st Ave, designated for vulnerable adults with physical disabilities (men and women)
- Buder Haven: 201 E. 2nd Ave, designated for vulnerable and at-risk men and women over 18
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center: 500 S. Stone St. This center will be open Monday through Wednesday. Masks are required.
- Regal Elementary: 2707 E. Rich Ave, open from 12-3:30 p.m. through July 2.
- Sheridan Elementary: 3737 E. 5th Ave, open from 12-3:30 p.m. through July 2.
- Broadway Elementary: 11016 E. Broadway Ave. This center will be open from 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. starting Monday.
- Spokane Valley Partners: 10814 E. Broadway Ave. This center will be open during the day, starting Monday.
- Opportunity Presbyterian Church: 202 N. Pines Rd. This center will be open from 3-8 p.m. starting Sunday.
- Valley library locations
- Eastpoint Church: 15303 E Sprague Ave., Ste. A. This center is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Council chambers at City Hall: 22710 E Country Vista Drive. This center is open from 10:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Pullman Senior Center on the new Pullman City Hall campus: 190 SE Crestview St. The shelter will be open from noon to 8 p.m. daily, Saturday through Tuesday.
- Local libraries
- Pybus Public Market: 3 N Worthen St, Wenatchee
- Wenatchee Valley Mall: 511 Valley Mall Pkwy
- Movie theaters
- Blanchard Community Center: 650 Rusho Ln. This center will be open through July 4 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
- Adventist Community Services Food Bank: 1807 N. 4th St, open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily through July 4.
- Priest River Community Church: 49 Washington St. This center will be open from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
If you are operating a cooling center and would like to have it added to this list, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.