The roof is one of the biggest investments you'll make in your home. Find out how the costs of installation of a new roof and repairs on existing roofs are determined.
Size: Roofers will calculate the exact size and dimensions of your roof to best estimate the amount of materials needed.
Slope of your roof: The steeper your roof is, the more materials will be needed to cover it.
Materials: The price for materials will depend on what kind of roofing materials you choose to have installed.
Roof access: If your roof is difficult to access, or if it is multiple stories, contractors may charge more.
Difficulty level: If your project is complex - for example, if you have chimneys, skylights and vents that roofers need to work around - the higher the cost could be.
Location: Where you live could determine your estimate.
- Powerball jackpot ticket worth $457M sold in Pennsylvania
- St. Patrick's Day by the numbers
- United Airlines flight diverted after third pet incident in a week
- Things that turn green on St. Patrick's Day
- HIV rates rise in at least two US hot spots
- Marrying households: 7 savvy moving tips for newlyweds