This recipe comes from the Mongo & Lodi Facebook page. Be sure to visit and like it for all the great content!
You are going to want to share this recipe, everyone will thank you!
Looking for something different, delicious and easy?
This soup has it all, yet is healthy, rich and creamy.
1 head of cauliflower
½ large onion, chopped
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 cloves garlic, chopped
4 cups chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut cauliflower into florets. In a bowl, toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a teaspoon each salt and pepper.
2. Arrange on a baking sheet lined with foil. Set your oven to broil and cook the cauliflower for 20-25 minutes, until you see some of the edges brown. I turned halfway through to make sure all sides of the cauliflower were getting brown.
3. In a medium to large pot, cook the chopped onion in the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil just until soft, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the chopped garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add the chicken broth, roasted cauliflower and salt and pepper, bring to a boil, then reduce to medium, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
6. When done, remove from heat and blend with an immersion blender or put into a blender and whip until smooth and creamy, about 3-4 minutes.
7. Garnish with parsley.
- Snow is falling- and sticking- at Schweitzer Mountain Resort
- SCRAPS announces 'Adopt Your New Boo' for the Halloween season
- CDC: Vaccine exemption rates among kindergartners continue to climb
- Spokane Public Library launching sensory-friendly story times
- New anti-cyberbullying campaign sends users real messages
- Domino's pulls plug on 4 European markets