Lewiston car fire spreads to nearby home
LEWISTON, Idaho — The Lewiston Fire Department responded to reports of a car fire in the 1500 block of Bryden Avenue around 9 a.m.Thursday morning that had spread to the surrounding carport and home.
When crews arrived on scene, they found heavy fire in the carport from a vehicle, and fire all the way to the attic of the house. Firefighters extinguished the fire in the carport, and then in the home. Crews remained on scene for another hour to monitor the area.
The cause of the fire was determined to be a faulty electrical cord plugged into the block heater of the vehicle. The damage estimate was around $85,000.
No one was injured in the fire. Three dogs and seven puppies were rescued by crews.
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.