Kitchen Fire Chases Six People Out Of Home

Six people including four children are homeless this morning after an early morning fire in Northeast Spokane. Firefighters contained most of the damage to the kitchen, but there is smoke damage throughout the house.

Fire crews say the fire started around 1:30 a.m. on the 2400 block of east Marshall.

Investigators say someone left something cooking and fell asleep while the kitchen caught on fire.

The family will be staying with friends while officials investigate the fire.