Kitchen fire causes $20,000 damage to Spokane Valley home
SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. — Spokane Valley Fire crews responded to a kitchen fire early Monday which caused extensive damage to a home on the 9600 block of E. Maringo.
According to the SVFD, family members were cooking around 2:30 a.m. when a fire started on the stovetop. They tried to put it out themselves but were unable to. They called 911 as the flames were extending into the kitchen walls and the attic above.
Seven units from the Spokane Valley Fire Dept. arrived and firefighters were able to put the flames out quickly. No one was hurt, but the damage is estimated at $20,000.
The family is planning to stay with relatives. Spokane Valley Fire would like to remind people to never leave food on the stove unattended.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.