‘Thor: Love and Thunder’ preview, ‘Minions’ breaks $100 million and an interview with ‘Sea Beast’ director Chris Williams | Streamed & Screened podcast
We’ve got a preview of the new Marvel movie, “Thor: Love & Thunder,” that gives some comic book context without getting too deep into the weeds.
We hash out some thoughts on “Minions: The Rise of Gru,” the latest entry in the franchise, which broke $100 million in box office receipts over the weekend and whether or not that means movies are officially back in theaters for good.
Plus, our very own Bruce Miller interviews Chris Williams, the director of Netflix’s fantastic new animated feature, “Sea Beast.”
Even with all that, we somehow manage to cover even more topics but, dear listener, you’ll have to give a listen to find out what else we’ve got in store!
Streamed & Screened is a podcast about movies and TV hosted by Miller, an entertainment reporter for multiple decades who is now the editor of the Sioux City Journal, Jared McNett, a reporter for the Sioux City Journal, and Chris Lay, the podcast operations manager for Lee Enterprises.
More from Bruce Miller:
- Minions get shortchanged in ‘Rise of Gru’
- Origins story explains why ‘Flowers in the Attic’ was so dark
- ‘Everything Everywhere’ has moments that linger
- FLASHBACK REVIEW : ‘E.T.’ stands for ‘extra terrific’
- Liya Chu shares the secrets of ‘MasterChef Junior’
- “Crawlspace” actor Henry Thomas, the former star of E.T., talks about new role
- Werewolves get pulled into the drama between zombies and aliens in “Zombies 3.”
Where to watch:
- Thor: Love and Thunder (official site)
- Sea Beast (Netflix; July 8)
- Doula (official site)
- Zombies 3 (Disney; July 15)
- Minions: The Rise of Gru (official site)
Follow the show: