House catches fire while homeowner sleeps
SPOKANE, Wash. — A home in the 500 block of E. Nebraska suffered significant damage Tuesday night after a fire broke out while the homeowner was asleep.
Fire crews arrived at the home around 8:35 p.m. and quickly extinguished the blaze, which originated in the home’s kitchen. The homeowner says he was making chicken and fell asleep, but woke up coughing with smoke filling his house and flames in his kitchen.
This is a developing news story and will be updated with more information as it becomes available.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.