Here’s how to book a vaccine appointment at the Spokane Arena
SPOKANE, Wash. — The COVID vaccination site opened at the Spokane Arena in January—here is everything you need to know about scheduling your appointment to get the vaccine.
To get a dose of the vaccine, you first need to set up an appointment by scheduling one online through the CHAS Health website or by calling (509) 444-8200. Online appointments open on a week-by-week basis, typically on Tuesday evenings. There will be no walk-ins or wait lists.
The reason for this is that healthcare providers are looking to keep the number of people on-site at a safe level, according to COVID-19 guidelines. It also allows them to prepare the appropriate amount of vaccine so they don’t waste any.
CHAS will check for identification when you show up for your appointment as the Spokane Arena is only a vaccination site for Washington residents.
Right now, the only people eligible for the vaccine in Spokane County are:
- High-risk healthcare workers in healthcare settings
- High-risk first responders
- Long-term care facility residents and staff
- All other workers at risk in healthcare settings
- All people 65 years or older
- All people 50 years or older in multigenerational households
The vaccination site at the Arena will be open seven days a week from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday, and 9 a.m.-3 p.m. on the weekends.
You can find out if you qualify by visiting the Department of Health’s PhaseFinder website.
You’re encouraged to call your own provider first to see if they have any appointments available, but if they don’t, you can call CHAS to schedule an appointment at the Spokane Arena.
The online registration will ask you to provide insurance information if you are covered, but if you are not, CHAS will still accept you for an appointment.
Lastly, if you are unable to drive yourself to the Arena, there are other options available:
- Bus: The Spokane Transit website has information about regularly scheduled bus routes
- Paratransit: Transportation to the Arena clinic will be available through Paratransit services offered by Spokane Transit. Door-to-door service is available to anyone age 60 or older with proof of ID. It is no cost to those with a Paratransit bus card; those without a card will be charged $2 each way or $4 round trip (cash only). Call 509-328-1552 to schedule a ride, preferably one day out.
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.