Hang tight, folks! Triple digits on the horizon -Nikki
Here is your local weather forecast for July 29, 2020.
SPOKANE, Wash. — The heat wave continues today in the Inland Northwest! In Spokane, we sustain upper 90s. We’ll see triple digits all around by tomorrow and Friday.
Moses Lake and Lewiston are the warmest cities in the region. Both cities can expect a high of 102 degrees. Omak will reach 101 degrees this afternoon.
Tomorrow’s high temperatures will be the hottest we see all week. These are also some of the hottest temperatures we have seen all summer, so far. Many cities will be near record breaking the next couple days.
The average high temperature in Spokane this time of year is 86 degrees. The record high for today is 100 degrees set back in 2014.
Moses Lake and Lewiston will be at 108 tomorrow. If you’re headed to Tri-Cities, it’ll be 109.
Temperatures will start to cool Saturday. By the weekend, we should drop to the low 90s in Spokane.
Conditions will stay, overall, dry. Cloud cover will come and go. Similar to yesterday, we’ll see scattered clouds this morning then it’ll burn off by the afternoon.
- Drink water, stay hydrated
- Wear sunscreen (SPF 30 or above)
- NEVER leave any children or pets in the car for any amount of time
- Check on elderly neighbors
- Be mindful of where you’re walking your pet. Pavement will be very hot, too hot, for your pet’s paws
- Make sure pets have plenty of water
- If you have outdoor pets, consider bringing them inside with the A/C and electric fans to cool down during the afternoon
- Be mindful of fire prevention! Know your burn restrictions
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.