Firefighters extinguish apartment fire in East Central
SPOKANE, Wash. — Firefighters have put down an apartment fire near N. Stone St. and Main Ave. in Spokane’s East Central neighborhood.
The fire was started in the kitchen of a second floor unit, and black smoke was pouring from the upstairs windows.
Neighbors in the area say they saw firefighters respond at approximately 7:45 a.m.
Seven occupants and their pets were inside the 4-unit apartment when it caught fire. All escaped unharmed.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.