Fire damages part of Edison Center in Pullman
PULLMAN, Wash. — Pullman firefighters worked quickly to contain a fire that broke out in an empty section of the Edison Center, located at 588 SE Bishop BLVD.
The part of the building that caught fire is currently under renovation. Fire Marshal Darren Jones said that the owner of the space was trying to remove old carpet with a scraper and was using acetone to remove the glue under the carpet.
Jones said the mixture of glue and acetone caused piles of old carpet to smolder, and it was ignited by a breeze from opening a door.
The fire was reported at 9:50 a.m. and firefighters from Pullman and Whitman County District 12 contained the fire within about 20 minutes.
Other businesses at the Edison Center did not suffer any noticeable damage from the fire. Circles of Caring, located next door, hopes to reopen on Tuesday.
There were no reported injuries.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.