Fire causes $40,000 worth of damage to Hillyard house
SPOKANE, Wash. – Around $40,000 worth of fire damage was done to a house in Hillyard early Wednesday morning.
The Spokane Fire Department was dispatched to the house on E. Broad Ave around 4:47 a.m.
The initial report indicated the fire was in the attic of the home and the occupants were able to evacuate safely. Arriving firefighters found heavy smoke coming from the roof and eves of the structure.
Multiple fire companies from SFD and Fire District 9 conducted an aggressive attack to ensure the fire was contained to the area where it ignited.
The fire was extinguished within 10 minutes of firefighters arriving on the scene. The property and contents were valued at $80,00 and damage from the fire was estimated at $40,000.
No one was injured. Firefighters said the fire was accidental and caused by an overloaded electrical circuit.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.