According to his representative, rocker Chris Cornell, who gained fame as the lead singer of Soundgarden and later Audioslave, has died at age 52.
In a statement to The Associated Press, Brian Bumbery says Cornell died Wednesday night in Detroit.
Bumbery called the death "sudden and unexpected" and said his wife and family were shocked by it. The statement said the family would be working closely with the medical examiner to determine the cause and asked for privacy.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger speaks out on Eliza Dushku allegations
- Will Ferrell interviews Roger Federer as Ron Burgundy
- Kim Kardashian West and Kanye West welcome third child
- 'Emoji Movie' and popcorn: The cinema experience returns to Saudi Arabia
- PBS series to explore charting course for #MeToo movement
- Jane Fonda had cancerous growth removed from her lip