Crews respond to Spokane basement fire

Crews respond to Spokane basement fire
Copyright 2019 KXLY.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without prior permission.

Crews responded to a fire that sparked in the wall of a Spokane basement shop on Saturday.

The fire was reported at 225 East Sprague shortly after 1 p.m.

4 News Now’s Kyle Simchuk said people living in the apartments above were evacuated.

No injuries were reported.

A fire started in the wall of a basement shop at 225 E Sprague. People living in apartments above are being evacuated. Fire crews had to break down a wall to put it out. No injuries. #4NewsNow pic.twitter.com/sRugmmsFxI

— Kyle Simchuk (@KyleKXLY) October 5, 2019