Crews knock down fire behind Spokane Valley gas station
SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. — Crews extinguished a fire that sparked behind a gas station in Spokane Valley early Sunday morning.
Firefighters with the Spokane Valley Fire Department responded to reports of the fire behind a Chevron gas station at 1220 N Barker Road shortly after 5:30 a.m.
A caller said they thought the burn barrel behind the gas station was on fire.
By the time firefighters got there, the flames had spread from the building’s back wall to the attic and roof on the east side. The roof had started to sag and the interior was collapsing, according to SVFD.
Crews were able to tackle the fire and no one was injured in the process.
The SVFD wants to remind businesses to store trash, cardboard, and other combustible items away from buildings and in proper containers to avoid arson and vandalism.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.