Chase Middle School evacuated when heating unit starts smoking
SPOKANE, Wash. — Spokane fire crews are at Chase Middle School where students were evacuated Wednesday morning when a heating unit got too hot and began smoking.
Around 10:30 a.m. staff noticed smoke in a hallway, but no actual flames. As a precaution, the entire school was evacuated.
Crews are still on scene but staff have begun letting students back inside the school’s gym.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.