Box placed on hot stove ignites fire at Spokane Valley home
SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. — The Spokane Valley Fire Department responded to a kitchen fire near Broadway and Adams Monday morning.
According to the Fire Department, a family of eight were moving in to their new house, bringing in several boxes, before leaving to go get more. An investigation later suggested that one of the boxes was left on the stove, catching fire and smoking up the house.
A man receive minor injuries trying to pick up and move the box.
Spokane Valley Police and the Spokane County Sheriff’s Office responded with fire crews, putting out the flames and ventilating the home, which the Fire Department says kept the home structurally sound.
Editor’s Note: This story was updated to reflect that a man, not a child, was injured. An original report from firefighters on scene mistakenly identified the injured person as a child.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.