Aqua Ammonia exposure leads to airlift to hospital
COLFAX, Wash. — A Lewiston, Idaho man was flown to St. Joseph’s Regional Hospital after he was exposed to Aqua Ammonia.
According to the Sheriff’s Office report, the injured man is a field technician for a local Ag-Chemical Delivery Company. The ammonia was being transferred from the delivery tank to a local farm holding tank when the exposure occurred. Aqua Ammonia is commonly used as fertilizer for many regional crops.
Based on the type of exposure and the seriousness of the injuries, local EMS responders immediately requested assistance from Life Flight. The injured man was flown from the accident site to St. Joseph Regional Medical Center in Lewiston, Idaho.
This case is being investigated as an Industrial Accident at this time.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.