Adults treated for smoke inhalation after apartment fire
SPOKANE, Wash. — Two adults were treated for smoke inhalation Friday afternoon after an apartment fire in the 1300 block of W. 8th Ave.
Spokane firefighters responded to the unit around 3:30 p.m. and located a fire in the kitchen of a first floor apartment unit.
Two residents were home when the fire started and tried to extinguish the blaze while dialing 911. They also activated the fire pull alarm to alert neighbors of the fire in their apartment. Both individuals were treated for smoke inhalation by SFD personnel.
The apartment received fire, heat, and smoke damage that was primarily contained to the kitchen area.
An electrical issue with the hot water tank was determined to be the cause of the fire.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.