4 Things To Do This Week; activities for you and your family during the pandemic
We know—quarantines and pandemics aren’t anyone’s idea of a good time, but it isn’t all bad news. That’s why we’re putting together a list of things for you and your family to do during this uncertain time.
Every week, we’ll add to the list!
4 Things To Do This Week:
(June 29–July 5)
- Ride bikes along the Centennial Trail
- Visit the Kendall Yards night market—just don’t forget your mask!
(July 5–July 12)
- Take a stroll and take a family photo at Manito Park
- Hike up to the Cataldo Mission in Coeur d’Alene
- Get a lift on the Numerica SkyRide gondola
- Visit one of Spokane’s Farmers’ Markets!
(July 12–July 19)
- Create DIY home decor and get backyard games at Board & Brush
- Visit the Cherry Hill Orchard & Market and pick cherries!
- Go to the Manito Park Bench Café and get some Ben and Jerry’s ice cream
- Go waterskiing along the Pend Oreille River like these folks!
(July 19–July 26)
- Celebrate National Ice Cream Day (and Month) and get some scoops at local shops!
- The Spokane Indians aren’t playing, but you can still enjoy some food at the Infield Cafe
- If you’re looking for a furry companion, the Humane Society is back open!
- Experience Parrish & Grove and build your own terrariums and bouquets
(July 26–August 2)
- Keep the kids entertained at Wonderland Family Fun Center
- Cruise the Spokane River with a kayak or paddleboard from Fun Unlimited!
- Ride the Looff Carrousel—the next home of the iconic White Elephant
- Diversify your reading list with Spokane is Reading’s Diverse Voices
(August 2–August 8)
- Sign your kids up for art camp at Corbin Art Center
- Learn about the outdoors with Dishman Hill’s ‘Nature at Home’
- Watch a drive-in movie at the Humane Society ‘Flicks for Fido’ fundraiser
- Paint your own dishes at Polka Dot Pottery
(August 23–August 30)
- Grab an ice cream cone at Saddle n’ Scoop, run by a high school senior!
- Take a trip to Riverfront Park’s Sky Ribbon Cafe and order an Incrediburger
- Have some lunch and support local artists at 180 Bar & Bistro
- Take a trip to a U-pick farm, now opened under Phase 2 guidelines!
(September 20–September 26)
- Get outdoors and celebrate that Spokane has finally upgraded to ‘good’ air quality!
- See a drive-in movie at HUB Sports Center or the Spokane County Fairgrounds
- Work up a sweat for this year’s virtual Bloomsday
- Start decorating for the spookiest month of the year!
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.