4 Things To Do This Week; activities for you and your family during the pandemic
We know—quarantines and pandemics aren’t anyone’s idea of a good time, but it isn’t all bad news. That’s why we’re putting together a list of things for you and your family to do during this uncertain time.
Every week, we’ll add to the list!
4 Things To Do This Week:
(June 29–July 5)
- Ride bikes along the Centennial Trail
- Visit the Kendall Yards night market—just don’t forget your mask!
(July 5–July 12)
- Take a stroll and take a family photo at Manito Park
- Hike up to the Cataldo Mission in Coeur d’Alene
- Get a lift on the Numerica SkyRide gondola
- Visit one of Spokane’s Farmers’ Markets!
(July 12–July 19)
- Create DIY home decor and get backyard games at Board & Brush
- Visit the Cherry Hill Orchard & Market and pick cherries!
- Go to the Manito Park Bench Café and get some Ben and Jerry’s ice cream
- Go waterskiing along the Pend Oreille River like these folks!
(July 19–July 26)
- Celebrate National Ice Cream Day (and Month) and get some scoops at local shops!
- The Spokane Indians aren’t playing, but you can still enjoy some food at the Infield Cafe
- If you’re looking for a furry companion, the Humane Society is back open!
- Experience Parrish & Grove and build your own terrariums and bouquets
(July 26–August 2)
- Keep the kids entertained at Wonderland Family Fun Center
- Cruise the Spokane River with a kayak or paddleboard from Fun Unlimited!
- Ride the Looff Carrousel—the next home of the iconic White Elephant
- Diversify your reading list with Spokane is Reading’s Diverse Voices
(August 2–August 8)
- Sign your kids up for art camp at Corbin Art Center
- Learn about the outdoors with Dishman Hill’s ‘Nature at Home’
- Watch a drive-in movie at the Humane Society ‘Flicks for Fido’ fundraiser
- Paint your own dishes at Polka Dot Pottery
(August 23–August 30)
- Grab an ice cream cone at Saddle n’ Scoop, run by a high school senior!
- Take a trip to Riverfront Park’s Sky Ribbon Cafe and order an Incrediburger
- Have some lunch and support local artists at 180 Bar & Bistro
- Take a trip to a U-pick farm, now opened under Phase 2 guidelines!
(September 20–September 26)
- Get outdoors and celebrate that Spokane has finally upgraded to ‘good’ air quality!
- See a drive-in movie at HUB Sports Center or the Spokane County Fairgrounds
- Work up a sweat for this year’s virtual Bloomsday
- Start decorating for the spookiest month of the year!
(September 27–October 3)
- Take a study break and recharge with Pantry Fuel
- Grab a yummy breakfast at People’s Waffle!
- Start learning with Mobius Center’s STEAM KITs!
- Check out the aurora Monday night
(October 4–October 10)
- Visit the MAC and check out the new exhibits
- Get your spook on at Fear in the Headlights!
- Decorate sugar cookies at Just Cookies and Treats
- Check out the beautiful fall colors around Spokane
(October 11–October 17)
- Visit the King Family Haunted House!
- Stay up to date on your fire emergency plan
- Sunday only—grab a bowl of ramen from the Spokane Buddhist Temple!
- Get out and enjoy the outdoors while it’s still dry!
(October 18–October 24)
- Explore some haunted spots around downtown Spokane!
- Dine in an outdoor igloo at the Davenport Grand
- Shop for Halloween costumes and decor safely at Halloween Express
- This is the last week to celebrate Fall Harvest Festival at Green Bluff!
(November 1–November 8)
- VOTE! Make sure your ballots are cast and your voice is heard!
- Go to the Northwest Museum of Arts & Culture and check out the ‘Faces of Valor‘ exhibit
- Grab a cup of coffee at Ladder Coffee
- Procure some goodies at Fluffy’s Candy!
(November 9–November 15)
- Shop local during November’s shopping passport event
- Tap into your inner warrior at Hank’s Hatchets!
- Take a hike along the newly-opened Phillips Creek Trailhead
- Make some hot cocoa as the weather gets cooler!
(November 16–November 22)
- Stop by the library (after making an appointment) and enjoy some good reads!
- Hang out with some friends and sip cocktails in an igloo at the Coeur d’Alene Resort
- If you still have yard work to take care of, get it done quick—curbside yard waste collection ends soon
- Buy a pastry, support Panhandle Autism Society by buying goodies at The Village Bakery
(November 29–December 6)
- Sure, Small Business Saturday is over, but it doesn’t take much to keep supporting our local shops!
- Check out the Crescent Windows display at the Davenport Grand
- Consult our list of holiday lights around the Inland Northwest!
- Enjoy this sunny weather while we have it — and be sure to winterize your vehicle soon
(December 13–December 20)
- Visit the spectacular drive-thru light show at Manito Park!
- Craving a chicken sandwich? Chick-fil-A’s closed today—maybe try one of these local alternatives
- Check out the McKenzie Conservation Area
- Order a pre-made Christmas dinner from these local joints!
(December 20–December 27)
- Hit the ski slopes!
- Still need to figure out those small holiday gifts? We’ve got you covered!
- How about mailing them?–Check in with the Mail Box Center
- Winter officially starts tomorrow; make sure your home is safely heated
(December 28–January 3)
- Plan those News Years resolutions — but only if you’d like!
- Check out these holiday events at ski slopes near you
- Learn ways to keep those heating bills low
- Christmas is over, but you can still order a holiday snack board for New Years!
(January 24–February 1)
- Dispose of those tree limbs for free in Spokane County
- Go snowshoeing on Mt. Spokane!
- Volunteer to deliver and assemble Cinn-A-Grams for Meals on Wheels
- Visit one of the newly-reopened local restaurants
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.