3 things you should know if you are buying or selling a home in Spokane
SPOKANE, Wash. — If you’re thinking about selling or buying a home in Spokane, consider these expert tips first.
1. Be flexible: Demand is high and inventory is low in Spokane, so you may have to make quite a few bids on a house before your offer is accepted. Haven Real Estate Group Broker Keri McCombs said waiting could cost you housing options and a lot of money as prices continue to rise.
2. Don’t overpay: It is a seller’s market right now, but that doesn’t mean you should pay way more than the home is worth. Experts said many people are bidding over market value, but throwing money at the problem may not be in your best interest.
3. Pick the right broker/realtor: Haven Real Estate Group Managing Broker and Owner Cambria Henry said that the person you pick to represent you should be with you every step of the way to make sure you’re getting the home you want at the price you can afford.
1. Price your home right: It is a seller’s market in Spokane and many homes get several officers within hours of listing. But, data shows that many buyers still don’t want to overpay for a home. Pricing too high may deter people from making an offer.
2. List on the open market: Even if you have a friend or someone who has already offered to buy your home, choosing to not list it on the open market means no potential for more competitive offers. Haven Real Estate Group Managing Broker and Owner Cambria Henry said sellers can loose thousands of dollars when they don’t list the property.
3. Pick the right broker/realtor: Henry said to find success in today’s market, you need someone who can juggle multiple offers and has master negotiation skills so you get the most money for your home.
Catch up on the day’s news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.