20 activities to stimulate your child’s brain this summer
Reports have shown that students are falling behind as a result of virtual learning, but there are things you can do with your student to get them back on track.
Here is a list of ideas for activities you can do this summer to make your student is ready for school this fall.
- Let kids help in the kitchen. Incorportate math while cooking and baking
- Learn about other countries; play a game with a map
- Teach them how to garden
- Create a family time capsule
- Read a book together
- Start on some new art projects with extra things laying around
- Play board game
- Put together a puzzle
- Use coloring books
- Print and complete educational worksheets from Education.com
- Teach them how to play chess through ChessKid
- Introduce kids to coding
- Practice math with items from around your home
- Complete science experiments
- If they have random questions – chances are there are some answers here from Wonderopolis
- Learn how to play music with a few different apps
- Create a scrapbook
- Create a play or movie with your cell phones
- Explore online museums from all over the world
- Find other programs this summer through the library
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.