YAKIMA, Wash. - Firefighters have told residents of about 100 homes near Entiat they should evacuate because of a threatening wildfire. Residents of more than 100 other homes have been told to be ready to leave.
The fire broke out Tuesday at Mills Canyon and has burned nearly 10 square miles. Flames burned down to Highway 97A Wednesday night, forcing the closure of a 30-mile stretch between Wenatchee and Chelan. Traffic detours on Highway 97 on the east side of the Columbia River.
Another fire Wednesday night burned two mobile homes, outbuildings and vehicles near Yakima. It spread across 20 acres of brush and went to three alarms before firefighters bulldozed a line around it.
A fire near Ford in Stevens County has burned about a square mile and threatened a dozen homes.
- Mayor compares Georgia trailer park to bombing scene
- Tornado deaths over weekend exceed 2016 toll
- 'Angels! Angels!' Avalanche survivors call out to rescuers
- Desperate search on for survivors after avalanche hits Italian hotel
- Preparing for potential flooding
- 2016 was the hottest year on record -- again