VANTAGE, Wash. - The Washington Transportation Department says a roughly 20-mile stretch of Interstate 90 in central Washington has been closed in both directions Tuesday evening due to a brush fire that jumped containment lines.
The closure stretches from Kittitas to the Vantage Bridge.
Earlier Tuesday, westbound traffic in the area was temporarily closed due to the fire, but later reopened.
- Many feared dead as avalanche buries Italian hotel after earthquakes
- Preparing for potential flooding
- 2016 was the hottest year on record -- again
- Weather forecast for Trump's inauguration looks gloomy
- Ice storm glazes central US; sleet-slick roadways caused five fatalities
- Weekend ice storm targets central US