Othello, Wash. - Grant Country firefighters said a wildfire near Othello burned more than 1500 acres Wednesday.
Deputies said the fire started Wednesday afternoon,along State Rout 26 between Othello and Royal City.
The fire burned mostly sage brush and cheat grass and didn't threaten any structures according to firefighters.
Crews said they had to call in firefighters from Adams County and another team to help extinguish the fire. Officials also said crews had to work into Thursday morning to try to put the fire out.
- Tornado deaths over weekend exceed 2016 toll
- 'Angels! Angels!' Avalanche survivors call out to rescuers
- Desperate search on for survivors after avalanche hits Italian hotel
- Preparing for potential flooding
- 2016 was the hottest year on record -- again
- Weather forecast for Trump's inauguration looks gloomy