Mt. Spokane will be closing at 4 p.m. Wednesday and remain closed through Thursday due to dangerous wind chill.
Wednesday's forecast is calling for highs between 11 and 14 degrees, but with a northeast wind blowing from 15 to 25 miles per hour, wind chill readings in Spokane are calling for 1 to 16 degrees below zero.
Thursday's temperatures are forecast for highs between 13 and 15 degrees with wind chill between 3 and 18 degrees below zero Thursday morning.
The Weather Service says temperatures 20 to 30 degrees below normal will persist into Saturday. Forecasters say snow will return this weekend as temperatures start to moderate.
- Tornado deaths over weekend exceed 2016 toll
- 'Angels! Angels!' Avalanche survivors call out to rescuers
- Desperate search on for survivors after avalanche hits Italian hotel
- Preparing for potential flooding
- 2016 was the hottest year on record -- again
- Weather forecast for Trump's inauguration looks gloomy