SPOKANE, Wash. - Record March rainfall has area road crews scrambling to repair damaged roads.
Flooding in Bonner County washed out a portion of a railway near Colburn Culver and Selkirk Roads 8 miles north of Sandpoint Saturday morning, causing a train to derail spilling its grain load.
Part of Schilling Loop south of Post Falls is closed because waters washed a segment of that road away.
Pend O'Reille County also confirms that one lane is still blocked due to a mudslide on State Route 20 near Usk.
While flooding in Stevens County was a problem earlier this week, Stevens County dispatch confirms that flooding has reduced as rain had turned to snow there Saturday.
- Deadly weather wreaks havoc across Southeast
- 'Angels! Angels!' Avalanche survivors call out to rescuers
- Desperate search on for survivors after avalanche hits Italian hotel
- Preparing for potential flooding
- 2016 was the hottest year on record -- again
- Weather forecast for Trump's inauguration looks gloomy