SPOKANE, Wash. - Fire crews worked quickly to save several homes from a brush fire Thursday afternoon.
The fire broke out on the Monroe hill in North Spokane and came dangerously close to several homes.
Fire crews say someone driving by threw a firework. The resulting fire burned about an acre.
- Italy avalanche: 6 people found alive in buried hotel, 2 rescued
- Desperate search on for survivors after avalanche hits Italian hotel
- Preparing for potential flooding
- 2016 was the hottest year on record -- again
- Weather forecast for Trump's inauguration looks gloomy
- Ice storm glazes central US; sleet-slick roadways caused five fatalities