SPOKANE COUNTY, Wash. - Fire crews worked to put out a brush fire in Newman Lake Saturday afternoon.
The two acre fire broke out just before noon at at 7100 N. Harvard Road. The fire is in a remote area on private property.
Neighbors believe the fire is suspicious given the location and the area.
No structures are threatened. One firefighter is being treated for heat exhaustion.
Firefighters will stay on scene for several hours to watch for hot spots and monitor the area.
- Air Force 'doomsday' planes damaged in tornado
- They came, they camped, they baked at Death Valley
- How hot is it in the West? Let us count the ways
- Antarctica is melting; scientists say that's bad news
- Deadly heat waves becoming more common due to climate change
- Dangerous heat wave to scorch the Southwestern US