SPOKANE COUNTY, Wash. - Fire crews worked to put out a brush fire in Newman Lake Saturday afternoon.
The two acre fire broke out just before noon at at 7100 N. Harvard Road. The fire is in a remote area on private property.
Neighbors believe the fire is suspicious given the location and the area.
No structures are threatened. One firefighter is being treated for heat exhaustion.
Firefighters will stay on scene for several hours to watch for hot spots and monitor the area.
- Huge iceberg towers over Canadian town
- Crack in Greenland glacier has scientists' attention
- Trump denies climate change, but could one day be its victim
- Delta expects 'relatively normal' schedule
- Delta's woes persist through weekend, with more flights canceled
- More severe weather expected in Alabama, Georgia