SPOKANE COUNTY, Wash. - Fire crews worked to put out a brush fire in Newman Lake Saturday afternoon.
The two acre fire broke out just before noon at at 7100 N. Harvard Road. The fire is in a remote area on private property.
Neighbors believe the fire is suspicious given the location and the area.
No structures are threatened. One firefighter is being treated for heat exhaustion.
Firefighters will stay on scene for several hours to watch for hot spots and monitor the area.
- Landslide buries California's scenic highway in Big Sur
- Plains states brace for storms
- 2 killed in tornadoes in Wisconsin and Oklahoma; 25 hurt
- It's only 100 days until the sun disappears across America
- Canada floods: 3 missing in Quebec and British Columbia
- Okefenokee wildfire forces evacuations in Georgia