LIBERTY LAKE, Wash. - Spokane County Fire District 8 is fighting a wildfire in brush and timber near Liberty Lake.
The fire is reportedly between 10 and 15 acres in size as of 4 p.m.
Fire District #8 has nine crews on the fire, with a helicopter assisting them. Firefighters are being hampered by the fact that it's a 40 minute hike to where the fire is.
No homes are threatened. No injuries have been reported, except for a firefighter who was stung by a bee.
A Spokane County Incident Management Team has been called in to help coordinate the firefighting effort.
There was quite a bit of lightning in the area Monday night, but fire officials are not saying if that's what caused the fire.
- Italy avalanche: 6 people found alive in buried hotel
- Desperate search on for survivors after avalanche hits Italian hotel
- Preparing for potential flooding
- 2016 was the hottest year on record -- again
- Weather forecast for Trump's inauguration looks gloomy
- Ice storm glazes central US; sleet-slick roadways caused five fatalities