ROWENA, Ore. - A wildfire in the Columbia River Gorge is threatening homes in the community of Rowena, between Mosier and the Dalles.
The Wasco County sheriff's office says residents of seven homes have been told to evacuate and others have been told to prepare to leave.
The Oregonian reports the fire was reported about 9:30 p.m. Tuesday in brush. It spread to scrub oak and timer and covered about 70 acres Wednesday morning.
- Weather forecast for Trump's inauguration looks gloomy
- Ice storm glazes central US; sleet-slick roadways caused five fatalities
- Weekend ice storm targets central US
- Northern California drenched, but state's drought far from over
- FedEx driver handles jackknifed big rig like a boss
- Storms pound California, ease years of drought