SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane Fire Crews are on the scene of a brush fire along High Drive near South Skyview Drive. The fire began on a trail about halfway down the bluff, then quickly began climbing towards homes.
Crews recommended homeowners in the area use to spray down the roofs of their home to prevent the flames from jumping up from the grass. Other fire crews were spraying retardant on homes closest to the flames.
The Fire Boss was called in to make the 10 minute flight from Deer Park for aerial support. It has made multiple runs, dropping up to 800 gallons at a time of water and fire retardant.
Spokane Police are asking drivers to avoid the area at this time and have set up barricades along High Drive at Grand Boulevard and Lamonte.
Firefighters had the blaze under control within a few hours, but will be working through the night to make sure it's completely contained.
We will continue to update this story as more details become available.
- Huge iceberg towers over Canadian town
- Crack in Greenland glacier has scientists' attention
- Trump denies climate change, but could one day be its victim
- Delta expects 'relatively normal' schedule
- Delta's woes persist through weekend, with more flights canceled
- More severe weather expected in Alabama, Georgia