LIBERTY LAKE, Wash. - A brush fire on the southeast end of Liberty Lake burned between 5 and 10 acres Saturday afternoon.
The fire broke out around 3:00 p.m. The fire started in a difficult area for firefighters to get to, so a plane and helicopter had to be brought in to drop water.
The Department of Natural Resources reported up to 10 acres were burning in the fire. 70 people were on the ground working to fight the fire.
Seven homes were evacuated off of Idaho Road for safety precaution. Firefighters said that conditions were favorable to fight the fire.Brush fire burns more than 5 acres near Liberty Lake
- 'Angels! Angels!' Avalanche survivors call out to rescuers
- Desperate search on for survivors after avalanche hits Italian hotel
- Preparing for potential flooding
- 2016 was the hottest year on record -- again
- Weather forecast for Trump's inauguration looks gloomy
- Ice storm glazes central US; sleet-slick roadways caused five fatalities