SPOKANE, Wash. - After a sub-par first half, the Washington State offense rallied in the second half, as the Gray beat the Crimson, 22-21 in the Crimson and Gray spring football game at Joe Albi Stadium on Saturday.
Junior quarterback Connor Halilday was 38 for 58 through the air, with 406 yards, three touchdowns and two interceptions.VIDEO: WSU Crimson and Gray game
Redshirt freshman QB Austin Apodaca was 27 of 45 for 279 yards and one touchdown pass. He also scored on a 1-yard run in the 2nd quarter.
Sophomore wide receiver Gabe Marks led the way with 11 catches for 107 yards and a pair of TD's. Junior Kristoff Williams had seven catches for 136 yards, including an 80-yard touchdown on a screen pass from Halliday.
Isiah Myers got the scoring started with a touchdown reception in the 1st quarter. He finished with eight catches and 111 yards.
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Utah routs Washington State by 41
- Fultz scores 37 as Washington beats Colorado 85-83 in OT
- Cougars announce 2017 football schedule
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position