MOSCOW, Idaho (AP) -- Taylor Heinicke threw for 533 yards and four touchdowns and rushed for another score as Old Dominion beat Idaho in a 59-38 shootout Saturday night.
Colby Goodwyn added three rushing touchdowns, and Marquel Thomas hauled in seven catches for 137 yards and two scores. This was Old Dominion's first win in school history against an FBS opponent.
The Monarchs (7-3) broke a 31-31 half-time tie when Heinicke scored on a 1-yard keeper, capping off a 9-play, 75-yard drive to open the second half. After forcing an Idaho (1-9) punt, Old Dominion went on a 10-play, 80-yard touchdown drive, pushing the lead to 45-31.
The Vandals responded as Richard Montgomery's 12-yard touchdown run cut the lead to 7, but Heinicke found Thomas for a 39-yard touchdown on the next drive.
Taylor Davis threw for 308 yards and two touchdowns to lead Idaho. He also threw two interceptions.
- Australian Open 2017: Nadal beats Zverev in four-hour epic
- Karnowski leads No. 4 Gonzaga past Santa Clara 88-57
- Wiley scores 30 points, EWU drubs N. Arizona 84-62
- Sanders scores 33 points as Idaho drops Suthern Utah
- Zags hold Broncos to 15 second-half points in 51-39 win
- EWU scores season low 47 points in loss to NAU