Ryan Cordell's team-leading fifth home run of the season wasn't enough to help Spokane top Everett, as the AquaSox defeat the Indians 4-2 in front of 4,701 fans.
Cordell launched his home run over The Black Book Depot in right field in the bottom of the seventh inning to close the gap on Everett's lead, 4-2.
Collin Wiles pitched five innings and allowed two runs on four hits. He gave up a home run to Everett's second baseman Jack Reinheimer, and struck out five batters. Ricardo Rodriguez relieved Wiles in the sixth and gave up one run. Brett Anderson and John Straka pitched a scoreless eighth and ninth.
Spokane, Wash., native Tyler Olson closed out the final 2 1/3 innings for the AquaSox to earn his first save of the season. Olson played for Gonzaga before being drafted in the 14th round this past season.
- Australian Open: Andy Murray cruises into 4th round
- Karnowski leads No. 4 Gonzaga past Santa Clara 88-57
- Wiley scores 30 points, EWU drubs N. Arizona 84-62
- Sanders scores 33 points as Idaho drops Suthern Utah
- Zags hold Broncos to 15 second-half points in 51-39 win
- EWU scores season low 47 points in loss to NAU