MOSCOW, Idaho -- Derek Carr threw five touchdown passes as No. 23 Fresno State pounded Idaho 61-14 on Saturday, scoring at least 40 points for the fifth time this season.
Davante Adams caught three touchdown passes for Fresno State (5-0), which is off to its best start since 2001, when the Bulldogs won their first six games.
Idaho (1-5), coming off a win over Temple in coach Paul Petrino's first season, didn't score until the fourth quarter against the first ranked opponent to play in the Kibbie Dome since Boise State in 2010.
Fresno State, playing its final nonconference game, scored touchdowns on its first five possessions and never was threatened. It was the best defensive performance of the season for a team that has been surrendering 38 points per game.
- Australian Open 2017: World No. 1s Murray, Kerber lose on historic day
- EWU names Aaron Best head football coach
- Callison's 30 propels WSU past Colorado in OT
- Eastern Washington drops Southern Utah
- Zags Come Out Firing, Sail Past Pilots Early
- EWU hangs on at Southern Utah behind Payne's double-double