The Spokane Chiefs jumped out to a 5-0 lead last night, and hung on for a 6-4 win over the Prince George Cougars.
Blake Gal lead the Chiefs with three assists, and Todd Fidler scored his 42nd goal of the year in the win. The Chiefs have now won 24 of the 35 games they have played at home.
Spokane netminder Eric Williams stopped 37 of the 41 shots he saw.
The Chiefs have a two point lead over Tri-City in the fight for 4th, and if Spokane can beat the Americans on Friday night in regulation, they can wrap up home ice in the first round playoff series,
They drop the puck at seven in the arena, as the Chiefs will play their final home game of the year.
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Utah routs Washington State by 41
- Fultz scores 37 as Washington beats Colorado 85-83 in OT
- Cougars announce 2017 football schedule
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position