LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) -- Josh Perkins had 18 points and Silas Melson scored 10 of his 12 during a second-half rally as No. 11 Gonzaga beat Florida 77-72 on Friday night in a semifinal at the AdvoCare Invitational.
After getting down by 11 points in the opening half, Melson hit two 3s during a 15-2 run that put Gonzaga ahead 68-59 with 5 1/2 minutes left. He made two free throws with 22.9 seconds remaining to make it 76-70.
The Bulldogs (5-0) got 16 points from Johnathan Williams, while Nigel Williams-Goss added 14.
Devin Robinson lead Florida (5-1) with 18 points and KeVaughn Allen had 15.
Robinson had 13 points, including Florida's first nine, as the Gators went up 37-32 at halftime.
Gonzaga, which trailed by 11 with 4 1/2 minutes left in the first half, had a late surge keyed by three of Perkins' 15 first-half points. Zach Collins had a slam that got the Bulldogs within 31-27 right after Florida's Canyon Barry, the son of NBA Hall of Famer Rick Barry, misfired on a breakaway dunk attempt.
- Thunder's Kanter wants to be US citizen, getting death threats
- White Sox get strong outing from Holland in 8-1 win
- Cougars drop series-finale at no. 1 Oregon State
- Gonzaga baseball claims share of second consecutive WCC title
- Cougars fall 5-0 to no. 1 Oregon State
- Central Valley advances to Final Four