SPOKANE, Wash. - Gonzaga University center Kelly Olynyk has been named to the Sporting News College Basketball All-America first team.
The native of Kamloops, British Columbia, is averaging 17.5 ppg, 7.2 rpg and 1.2 blocks/game. The Bulldogs take a 31-2 record and No. 1 national ranking into the NCAA Tournament, where the Bulldogs hope to receive their first No. 1 seed when the brackets are announced this Sunday.
Olynyk was named the West Coast Conference Player of the Year and is currently a finalist for the John R. Wooden Award and the Oscar Robertson Trophy as the outstanding player in collegiate basketball.
- Manziel claims sobriety, targets NFL chance
- Karnowski leads No. 4 Gonzaga past Santa Clara 88-57
- Wiley scores 30 points, EWU drubs N. Arizona 84-62
- Sanders scores 33 points as Idaho drops Suthern Utah
- Zags hold Broncos to 15 second-half points in 51-39 win
- EWU scores season low 47 points in loss to NAU