CHENEY, Wash. -- Vernon Adams threw four touchdown passes and ran for another score as Eastern Washington defeated Montana State 54-29 on Saturday to take a major step toward the Big Sky Conference championship.
The Eagles (8-2, 6-0) notched the program's 500th victory in defeating the Bobcats (7-3, 5-1) in a clash of top-five FCS teams.
Adams now has 38 touchdown passes to break the school record and ranks second in Big Sky history. He was an efficient 16 of 18, including a scoring throws of 76, 68 and 17 yards to Shaquille Hill. Hill finished with a career-high 172 receiving yards.
Quincy Forte's 25-yard scoring run with 1:28 left in the first half gave EWU the lead for good at 26-21. Forte rushed for a career-high 125 yards and two scores.
MSU closed to 40-29 early in the fourth quarter on DeNarius McGhee's 2-yard run. Adams responded with his 76-yard TD throw.
- Karnowski leads No. 4 Gonzaga past Santa Clara 88-57
- Wiley scores 30 points, EWU drubs N. Arizona 84-62
- Sanders scores 33 points as Idaho drops Suthern Utah
- Zags hold Broncos to 15 second-half points in 51-39 win
- EWU scores season low 47 points in loss to NAU
- School Record 18 3's Ignite Idaho Comeback