ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Ben Zobrist snapped a 14th-inning tie with an RBI double, and B.J. Upton homered and drove in two runs to lead the Tampa Bay Rays to a 4-3 victory over the Seattle Mariners on Friday night.
Carlos Pena singled off Tom Wilhelmsen with one out in the 14th, then slid into home plate just ahead of catcher John Jaso's tag after Zobrist doubled down the right-field line to end the 4-hour, 46-minute marathon.
Jake McGee (3-2) pitched two-thirds of an inning to escape a jam in the top of the 14th and got the win. The run off Wilhelmsen (3-2) ended the reliever's streak of 24 consecutive scoreless innings over 20 appearances.
- Karnowski leads No. 4 Gonzaga past Santa Clara 88-57
- Wiley scores 30 points, EWU drubs N. Arizona 84-62
- Sanders scores 33 points as Idaho drops Suthern Utah
- Zags hold Broncos to 15 second-half points in 51-39 win
- EWU scores season low 47 points in loss to NAU
- School Record 18 3's Ignite Idaho Comeback